Make your own Chipotle Burrito Bowl!
Chipotle has amazing food! Many times I crave it and my craving is not aligned with my fitness and nutrition all the time! I came up with the Diva’s version of a copycat recipe! The nuttiness of the brown rice makes you forget that it’s not white rice! Fresh corn salsa that you make yourself will make you forget the absence of the fattening sour cream topping! Add your own lettuce and shredded tomatoes and this meal will please both your palate and wallet! Let me know what you think!
Chipotle’s Copycat Marinated Chicken (or Beef)
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp adobo sauce (the sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 3 Tbs. lime juice, fresh if possible
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
– Mix all ingredients together and marinate chicken pieces for 2 hours ( 3o minutes at minimum)
– Grill chicken on outdoor grill for a more similar flavor. If you desire, simply cook in skillet with a little olive or vegetable oil, stirring often until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked.
– Chicken is ready to serve in your very own burrito bowl!
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
Stir all ingredients together. That’s it!
Burrito Bowl Assembly
Mix some cooked brown rice with 1 tsp chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Add the marinated grilled chicken and top with a couple tablespoons of vegetarian black beans and the corn salsa. For a little extra heat, add some of your own salsa! Sprinkle with some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and enjoy!