- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (2 ounces, cut into pieces)
- 1 cup leftover mashed sweet potatoes or sweet potato casserole (yes, marshmallows are okay!)
- 1/4 cup milk (more or less, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with baking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in food processor. Pulse butter into flour mixture until all butter has been blended into the flour. Process in the sweet potatoes to the flour mixture, just until fully combined with flour.
- Add 1/8 cup of milk to mixture. Add more milk, a tablespoon or two at a time, if necessary to achieve a ball of dough in your processor. Dough should be soft and smooth, not dry or too wet. If you end up with dough that is too wet and sticky, at a bit more flour so that it can be handle and rolled. If too dry, add more milk.
- Roll dough on your surface so that it is approximate 1/2-inch thick. Cut in 2-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter. Place rounds on prepared baking sheet. Reroll remaining dough and continue cutting rounds until all dough is used.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.