Flyght to Spring Lemon Chicken Pasta
Spring is FINALLY here and the warm weather just makes me want to hang out in the garden or by the grill! The Domestic Diva/Flyght Chef LOVES to cook–however, there are times when a fulfilling, fresh, light, colorful pasta would be a welcome sight on the lunch or dinner table! Feel free to leave out some ingredients that you don’t like or add some others that you do like! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
- 8 ounces pasta, small with ridges!
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 small avocado, pit removed and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan or feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- ½ cup GOOD olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to help it to stop cooking and come to room temperature. Drain off any water and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped rotisserie chicken, coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, chopped cucumber, coarsely chopped kalamata olives, arugula, and parsley. Toss. Add in the avocado and feta cheese.
- In a mason jar, combine the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste), and ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste, honey (optional), olive oil, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Place the lid on the mason jar and shake to combine. Store dressing in the fridge until ready to dress the salad.
- When you’re ready to serve dress with the prepared dressing. Adjust any seasonings (salt and pepper) to taste and serve.