The weather outside is getting frightfully colder and honey, have I got a quick soup for you to combat that cold! There’s nothing like a delicious hot bowl of chicken noodle soup when you’re wanting to warm up from the inside out–making it in about 35 minutes makes it even more desirable!
- Fully cooked rotisserie chicken, bones removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Savory by Rachel Gem City Blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Add chopped chicken to pan. Add celery, carrots, bay leaves and seasoning. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Add noodles, simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat, let stand, covered, until noodles are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning if needed. Discard bay leaves. Serve and enjoy!